Today, we’re talking about bath time and me-time. Me-time for me, is possibly every night. The secret to amazing flawless skin is consistency. Day in and day out, looking after your skin religiously makes all the difference. Trust me!
So I will break down my current favourite face and body, skincare favourites. The most important thing about skincare is finding what products work best for you. Thing is, some products might do other’s justice but might do you the worst. I have extremely sensitive combination skin, so sometimes my skin is oily sometimes its dry, but all depends on various factors, such as weather or temperature etc. I also tend to change my products every year because I find that my skin gets too used to certain products that they stop working and I break out like crazy. Hopefully, some of these products work for you and that my tips are valuable to you.
I recently, started using REN Skincare, V-Cense Revitalising Day and Night Cream. Firstly, I started using REN because I heard it was good and I wanted to try something different. The V-Cense range is mainly used to help skin fight signs of fatigue and ageing. I travel quiet a lot and have loads of late nights working, so this range improves vitality, helps skin feel softer and smoother and fights fatigue and ageing. I like both the day and night cream because the formula is very lightweight on the face and moisturises my skin just right. REN has a big range of products that can help facilitate any skin type.
- During the day, I normally wash my face with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, which is a gentle, pH-balanced foaming lather cleanser. I like this product because it cleanses excess oils, dirt and debris without my skin feeling over-dry.
- As a toner, I use the Kiehl's cucumber herbal alcohol-free toner, with a cotton pad, apply it all over my face. The reason why I use this toner from Kiehl's is because I found the other toner's to be harsh on my skin. As mentioned before, I have very sensitive skin so I wanted something that doesn't leave my skin very dry after using toner, and this toner doesn't do this. This toner is very suitable for sensitive skin and naturally refreshes the skin. This probably one of my favourite toner's to use especially when my skin feels super dry.
- Then I use 3 sprays of the Vita Liberata Passionflower & Argan Dry Oil Serum, all over my face. My skin tend to be super dry in winter so I this moisturises my skin and protects my skin from the harsh sun in winter. In summer, I also use this serum because it protects my skin against UVA and UVB rays. It also conditions, moisturise and repairs dry and damaged skin without a greasy finish. The Argan Oil repairs the skin with anti-oxidants which neutralise free radical damage and fight photo-ageing. Literally, the best serum I've had in a while.
- Lastly, I use the REN Skincare V-Cense Youth Vitality Day Cream with one pump, all over my face.
- I'll normally have makeup on so I remove it using the Bioderma Sensibio Wipes I have tried and tested out alot of makeup wipes, but I did not really like many of them because they did not remove majority of the makeup in one wipe. These wipes remove majority of the makeup in one wipe without fail. They are so good and great for sensitive skin. However, I also like the Johnson's Face Care Makeup Be Gone Refreshing Wipes are just as good and they leave your skin soft and moisturised.
- Then I wash my face with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and the Kiehl's cucumber herbal alcohol-free toner again.
- If I feel like my skin needs a mask and pampering or if I want to revitalise my skin for an event, I use The Body Shop's Seaweed Oil Balancing Clay Mask. This clay mask is bomb and works like a charm. It does burn a bit when you apply it but it makes your skin so soft and removes the pores. I only use a mask every other week to refresh and clarify my skin.
- When I have pimples, I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil on my pimples. It has antibacterial properties and targets unwanted blemishes. This also works like a charm. Be careful not to use it to close to your eyes because it will burn!
- My ultimate favourite product is the Soveral Midnight Oil! I recently just discovered this product and believe me when I say that this is amazing! As mentioned before, I sometimes have tired skin so on the days where my skin is tired and lifeless, I use the midnight oil, under my eyes and on my forehead. This oil has been voted the 'Best Face Oil' in Harper Bazaar in 2013. The oil fights antioxidants and is formulated with Omega-3 fatty acids which protects the outer layer of the skin. This makes your skin glow and gives you a firmer appearance overnight. Love it!
- Lastly, I apply REN Skincare V-Cense Youth Revitalising Night Cream . I think it's so important to apply face cream at night because it does the job and works while you're sleeping.
DAY-IN AND DAY-OUT!
So the body routine is fairly simple. I use the Espa Skin Brush .
"Using a natural bristle brush will not only stimulate lymph and blood circulation and remove impurities and toxins from under the skin, but it also works wonders at targeting cellulite, creating a more even skin tone and adding a healthy dose of radiance. We recommend dry body brushing daily, ensuring you begin at the soles of your feet before working up the front and back of the legs in an upward motion towards the heart, not forgetting your hands, arms, stomach and back." – Susannah Taylor
I mostly dry brush my legs, the trick is to brush from your knees upwards, every morning, you can also do it twice a day.
Then as a lotion I apply, Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion all over my body or I use the The Body Shop's Body Butter. Both of these keep my skin smooth, hydrated and moisturised the whole day without my skin feeling oily or dry, plus both have a lightweight texture. These are my absolute favourite products for the body.